This year, we will be providing you with a bunch of simple and tasty recipes to make based on each theme of Verse. Learn how to make this delicious, Alice in Wonderland inspired recipe now!
You will need:
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
5-6 large Portobello Mushrooms [stem removed, washed and dried thoroughly with a paper
5-6 fresh mozzarella cheese [sliced, shredded, however you like!]
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
fresh basil, shredded to garnish
- Preheat oven to grill/broil setting on high heat.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or
microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant.
- Brush the bottom of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a
baking tray. Brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each mushroom.
- Place in oven and allow to grill for 10 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill again until
cheese has melted and is golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt